Nobody anticipated China’s competitive advantage in the outsourcing industry when it first opened itself up to the world two decades ago. Outsourcing manufacturing to China has become increasingly popular, with an estimated rate of at least 30 percent growth per year. In fact, many foreign businesses have established for themselves their own Chinese headquarters to help their operations. China manufacturing is best known for higher product volumes at low cost. This said, price isn’t the only advantage outsourcing manufacturing to China offers as this factory-saturated country offers a long list of other benefits to businesses such as:
- Service quality – Domestically, you will likely be turned down for being a small company who cannot meet high minimum requirements. China manufacturers, on the other hand, will be glad to take your smaller order as they are more flexible with their minimum requirements. In this market, if you are willing to pay for the goods, someone will definitely be willing to make them for you and provide you quality service regardless of the size of your company.
- High output, less time – Even with large order requirements, you can expect fast turnout from Chinese factories. China has larger than life facilities with more than enough people to help make sure that you get your products on time, regardless of how large or small the quantity may be.
- Product quality – Despite mass production, Chinese factories can guarantee excellent product quality. Most of them have strict quality standards that follow international regulations.
- Duplication capabilities – Outsourcing to China also gives you access to the best factories capable of copying almost any product design you may want to base your own product on. This is a good way to build on a product and reinvent it to make it more original to your brand.
- Spoilt for choice – China is home to thousands of big and small manufacturing facilities to cater to all your production needs. This is one of the main reasons why it is among the most sought-after destinations for manufacturing around the world.