Jesus David Cano Romano
January 25, 2016
China produces nearly 17 times as many air conditioners per person than the rest of the world. The above statement is testimony to the fact that China is and will remain for years to come the sole country which prides on its manufacturing prowess.
China’s economy is heavily dependent on manufacturing and exports, its citizens consume only a fraction of all the goods made in the country, and the rest are exported to the U.S., Europe and other markets.
In fact, China makes so much stuff that if it suddenly decided to stop, most of the rest of the world would experience impossibly high demand for many “essentials” of modern life — things like air conditioners, cell phones and personal computers.
Here are some startling facts that proves why China is still the pioneer in Manufacturing
- China manufactures more than 40 times as many personal computers per person than the rest of the world.
- China produces 320.4 million PC units ever year.
- China makes more than 16 times as many energy saving lamps per person than the rest of the world.
- China produces nearly six times as much pork per person as the rest of the world.
- China has over 11 times as much solar cell production capacity per person as the rest of the world.
- China makes more than seven times as many pair of shoes per person as the rest of the world.
- China manufactures 10 times as many cell phones per person compared with the rest of the world.
- China produces more than six times as much cement per person as the rest of the world.
- China mines more than four times as much coal per person than the rest of the world.
- China has three times as much shipbuilding capacity per capital as the rest of the world.