Rapid Prototyping is one of the latest methods. It enables 3D printing using Computer Aided Design to recheck the quality of the physical product. So it can be evaluated and then moved on to the next step in the testing process. The essence of rapid prototyping services in China is about manufacturing products faster and at affordable rates.
The techniques used in rapid prototyping include
- CNC machining or Computer Numerical control. Here the CAD software design is converted into numeric representation using a computer. This method is mostly used in metal manufacturing processes.
- SLS or Selective Laser Sintering is a technology that helps in the prototyping and manufacturing of three-dimensional parts, complicated geometries and shapes.
- SLA or Stereolithography works with ultraviolet laser rays. Both, SLA and SLS, use laser technology to build separate layers. The difference between SLS and SLA is below. In the case of the former, it is a powder that is used for fusion. And in case of the latter, it is a liquid resin that is used.
- Vacuum casting is used for making superior quality prototypes for clients where the mould is generally made from polyurethane and silicone.
- Fused Deposition Modelling or FDM uses melted plastic inside the nozzle of a printer for forming layers. It is easy to make and inexpensive though the finish and resolution is not of international quality.
How does rapid prototyping services in China help?
- Prototyping is an essential step in the product formation process. The main concept behind making prototypes is that it helps designers, engineers, and businessmen in understanding the practical viability of their designs and blueprints. Since rapid prototyping is about 3D printing, it is more useful in understanding product features and performance before the production is undertaken. The prototype helps the concerned stakeholders in understanding if the final product is as per the intended design and use or not.
- With rapid prototyping services in China, it is easy to convince investors and clients about the feasibility of the end product, for the 3D image helps in better understanding and comprehension.